Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Camping Weekend 2012

We went camping to Blue Lake. We had a great time doing all kinds of activities. I got back into the belly boat for the first time in years and the fish mocked me by jumping all around me but not taking even a bite. The ladies and I went fishing again in the evening but again, no luck. I think the lake was just too warm. I tried fly fishing in the evening and was surprised that I attracted all the bats to my fly. They were chasing the fly in the air and then trying to pick it off the water. Funny but Creepy all at the same time. Todd enjoyed relaxing in the water. The girls should have grown gills by now considering they lived in the lake for the weekend. We did some kayaking with a couple of our new boats and when the girls were out in the kayaks on their own, Todd borrowed a friend's canoe to keep an eye on them. We all got an opportunity to go quadding. It was my first time and it was a lot of fun going through some mud puddles. The girls were able to get some instruction on shooting a 22 rifle. The guys set up a little gun range in the mountains and the girls got to shoot at some targets. They liked it a lot. It was a jam packed weekend of activity and we loved every minute of it.












No comments:

Christmas Greetings 2023

It has been quite a year of adventures and challenges this year of 2023. This year brought us losses, injuries as well as new jobs and many ...