Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Walk on the Wild Side



Funniest story of the year...I am sure. I was maintaining the yard and scooping doggie doo into the bush when all of a sudden the bush moved back. What I had done was thrown doggie doo doo at a big black bear! He poked his head out of the bush and I ran with shovel in hand into the house (eventually dropped the shovel because it was slowing me down). Ran inside, yelling Bear!! Bear!!. Then, Todd and I stood on the deck and watched the bear sniff the air in the yard from the bush. He went back into the bush but then crossed our back field. We were only able to take a picture and it was blurry partly because the camera is still broken and having problems focusing but I am sure it was because I was shaking too. He was a big boy. The next day there was two in the bush next to the house but they didn't come into the yard.

No comments:

Christmas Greetings 2023

It has been quite a year of adventures and challenges this year of 2023. This year brought us losses, injuries as well as new jobs and many ...